Terms of Service
Terms of Service and Legal Information
Copyright and Reprint Permission
The contents of this site are: © 2009 The Christian Science Publishing Society and/or its affiliates or suppliers. All rights reserved.
The material on this Web site, such as text, photographs, images, graphics, logos, button icons, audio, video, and software, and the compilation of such material, is the property of The Christian Science Publishing Society and its affiliates or its content suppliers and protected by U.S. copyright law. The Christian Science Publishing Society grants you the right to view and download this copyrighted material for personal, noncommercial use only. Except as otherwise permitted under Licensing Information, you may not sell, republish, redistribute or reproduce in quantity any material contained on this Web site without the express written permission of The Christian Science Publishing Society.
To request permission or for further information about republishing site content or spirituality.com's logo, please see the Licensing Information page.
In order to ensure that the site's content stays current and relevant, spirituality.com reserves the right to delete materials, including, without limitation, articles, chat transcripts, and audio or video files, on an ongoing basis. Once content has been deleted, it is no longer available. Deleted content may be made available by The Christian Science Publishing Society in a different format in the future.
The Dictionary feature of this site is courtesy of Merriam Webster OnLine, and is based on Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary.
Generally on this site, models in photographs are used for illustrative purposes only and do not necessarily endorse this site. Digital Imagery © copyright 2009 Getty Images.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe this site is infringing your copyright, The Christian Science Publishing Society will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) ("DMCA"). Pursuant to DMCA, written notification of claimed copyright infringement may or should be submitted to the following Designated Agent for this site:
Service provider(s): The Christian Science Publishing Society
Name of agent designated to receive notification of claimed infringement: Ed Blomquist, Copyright Administrator.
Full address of designated agent to which notification should be sent:
210 Massachusetts Avenue, P02-15
Boston, MA 02115 USA.
Telephone number of designated agent: (617) 450-2000.
Email address of designated agent: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be effective, the Notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
All trademarks, logos, and images of this Web site's goods and services are property of The Christian Science Publishing Society or its affiliates, and may not be used in any manner without obtaining written permission. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Macromedia and Flash are trademarks or registered trademarks of Macromedia, Inc. in the United States, and/or other countries. Macromedia does not sponsor, affiliate, or endorse this site or its related products and services.
RealPlayer is a registered trademark of RealNetworks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Netscape is a registered trademark of Netscape Communications Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THIS SITE, ITS OPERATION, AND ALL OF THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED BY THE CHRISTIAN SCIENCE PUBLISHING SOCIETY ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE CHRISTIAN SCIENCE PUBLISHING SOCIETY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE CHRISTIAN SCIENCE PUBLISHING SOCIETY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR THE CONDUCT OF USERS OF THIS SITE OR INFORMATION EXCHANGED OR POSTED ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING A CLAIM OF DEFAMATION.
THE CHRISTIAN SCIENCE PUBLISHING SOCIETY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST CONTENT OR DATA.
Postings and Other Submissions of Content
If you submit statements, questions or comments to the site, such as testimonials, Reader Responses, postings to Dear spirituality.com or the Contact Us page, you grant The Christian Science Publishing Society and its affiliates a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, edit, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such statements, questions or comments, in whole or in part, in any media, now known or later developed, with or without name attribution. You also warrant that the submission does not violate the rights of any third party.
If you submit an article to the site, please submit along with it the appropriate license or permission form to The Christian Science Publishing Society, in accordance with the downloadable forms and instructions.
You may not post any of the following material on the site:
- Material which defames, abuses, or threatens others, or which contains vulgar, obscene, or indecent language or images.
- Statements that are bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive.
- Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Unauthorized copyrighted material.
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation.
Statements or postings that violate these terms will be deleted upon discovery.
Termination of Service
All disclaimers, policies, terms, and conditions, and disputes thereunder will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.